Wednesday, June 30, 2010

4th of July Musical Celebrations - Dick Hyman and "America The Beautiful"

It's getting close to the 4th of July holiday and we have tons of great music to help you celebrate!

The first recording we want to highlight is "America the Beautiful" featuring Jazz legend Dick Hyman and Ruby Braff!

America, the Beautiful
Ruby Braff, cornet
Dick Hyman, Wurlitzer Theatre Organ


Jazz keyboard great Dick Hyman takes a spin at the Wurlizer organ in this unusual recording. Originally from the Prospect Theatre in Brooklyn, New York, the organ was rescued, relocated, and restored by the Pittsburgh Area Theatre Organ Society in 1974. Live performance given in 1982.

When It's Sleepy Time Down South
When My Sugar Walks Down The Street
When I Fall In Love
As Long As I Live
America The Beautiful
Louisiana; High Society
I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time
I Ain?t Got Nobody
This Is All I Ask
The Yankee Doodle Boy
If Dreams Come True
I'm Confessin' That I Love You
I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
Dinah
Duke Ellington Medley: Don't Get Around Much Anymore / I Let A Song Go Out of My Heart
Muskrat Ramble


Purchase "America the Beautiful" directly from The Gothic Catalog and Save!

No comments:

Post a Comment